Click schedule below for
REAL TIME UPDATED SCHEDULE
At Akasha Studio, we welcome everyone to share in our sacred space, with a range of classes to help you tap into your true potential both on and off the mat.
If you’ve never stepped onto a yoga mat or if you’re a seasoned yogi, there’s a class to suit every skill level. Have a look at our class descriptions below and check out our class schedule to book your space today.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT LEVEL FOR YOU
BEGINNER (LEVEL 1):
Level 1 classes are for those with little or no previous exposure to yoga or pilates. With slow-paced direction and close attention to detail, we provide the foundation for a safe, healthy practice.
Classes for all levels are suitable for beginners, advanced yogis, and everyone in between. Sequences and poses can be modified to fit your specific needs and level of expertise.
Intermediate (Level 3):
Level 3 classes are suited to more experienced yogis with a solid understanding of alignment and a consistent practice. Classes are structured to help you explore challenging poses and deepen your yoga practice.
proper alignment improves circulation, creates inner space in the joints, and brings balanced flow of energy through the whole body
which leads to better health and well being.
• Relax, Restore, Renew (Beginner): This class is all about nourishing the soul and easing the body and mind. Classes begin with a gentle flow practice or gentle stretching, and end with a restorative practice supported by bolsters and props for deep relaxation.
• Gentle Flow (Beginner): This is the perfect class if you’re new to yoga, trying out the flow style for the first time, or coming back from a hiatus or injury. Sequences are structured around basic sun salutations and static postures.
• Yoga Flow (All levels): Building on the foundation of the Basic Yoga Flow, this class introduces inventive yet safe sequences guided by a steady breath to heat the body and cool the mind. Basic principles of more advanced poses are introduced as your practice becomes stronger.
- Power Yoga (All levels): A playful vinyasa flow for students wanting to build strength, flexibility and cardiovascular health. Be prepared to sweat as you flow through this power sequence synced with the breath leaving you feeling physically strong and mentally calm.
- Express Flow: 45 minute Hatha or Vinyasa Flow, incorporating a gentle warmup, followed by steady movement through various poses, with breath focus. Sequences focus on building strength, balance and calm.
- Transformation Yoga Challenge (Intermediate): This is an exciting, dynamic class for experienced yogis with a consistent practice. In the Transformation Yoga Challenge you will practice a set sequence over eight consecutive weeks. Sequences are creative and challenging, with the aim of developing a balance of guided practice and self-practice. Poses are held longer to build strength and stamina, while poses requiring more balance and flexibility are explored.
• Core Flow (Beginner): Infused with yoga, but centered on the guidelines of pilates, this class will teach you to find opening and support from your deep core. You will strengthen your core while stretching and lengthening your muscles. You will also learn the foundation of alignment to improve posture and free your breath.
• Core Flow (All levels): Build on the foundation of the Core Basics and Yoga Flow classes with this fun, rhythmic approach to strengthening your core while building stamina. This class cycles between creative sun salutations and floor core work to focus on all areas that make up the seat of your power and strength.
- Bowspring Basics (Beginner) : The Bowspring healthy posture template is learnt through 10 Key Areas of the body in a systematic and thoughtful way. This practice ranges from restorative breath work to gentle flowing sequences.
- Bow Flow (All levels) : A one hour vitalizing practice of katas (flowing poses) holding the natural and healthy curves in our bodies. This is an all level sharing of a new movement discipline that is growing in popularity globally. The Bowspring posture template is dynamic, strengthening and mindful. This energizing practice is perfectly suited for fitness, weight loss and overall wellbeing.
- Bow Restore (Beginner) : A restorative Bowspring practice that encourages you to relax into your breath, restore your spirit, and renew your zest for life!
- Bow Sculpt ( All levels) : A Bowspring practice that incorporates resistance band work and core strengthening. A fun and challenging class to lift your energy and zone in to your fullest presence.
- Transformation Bow Flow (Intermediate) : A challenging Bowspring practice that follows an 8 week set sequence to gain familiarity with poses that turn us upside down and right side up! We learn and practice the three pillars of Bowspring - Accountability, Compassion and Mindfulness.
NEW STUDENT GUIDELINES
Trying new things can be intimidating, but at Akasha Studio, we provide a supportive, friendly environment where you will feel completely comfortable trying yoga for the first time. Our approach is all about safe, expert instruction and continuous encouragement, giving you the guidance and support you need to build your practice, discover your inner grace, and explore your full potential.
To prepare you for your first class with us, have a look at the new student guidelines and tips below.
Preparing for class
· Have a look at our class descriptions and schedule (above) to choose your preferred Level 1 class.
· Arrive at least 15 minutes before class to allow enough time for registration.
· Wear comfortable, breathable clothing that allows for easy movement. Loose-fitting t-shirts aren’t recommended.
· Bring a bottle of water and a towel.
· Clean yoga mats are available for rent at TT$5.00 per session if needed.
· Cell phones and mobile devices must be placed on silent and preferably left outside of the studio in the storage cubbies.
· Hydrate throughout the day and try not to eat a large meal up to two hours before class.
Inside your first yoga class
· If you have a question, or need help getting into a pose, never be afraid to ask. Always let your teacher know if you need a block, strap or bolster, or if you are experiencing any discomfort.
· When you’re feeling drained or like you just need a minute, feel free to rest in Child’s pose for as long as you need to. Yoga is about listening to your body, not pushing yourself to your breaking point.
· Be positive and patient. Your first yoga class is an exciting new step and we’re here to give all the help and guidance you need. Don’t worry about where other students are at in their practice—you’ll get there, too! Stepping onto your mat each day will bring clarity, peace and self-awareness, no matter where you’re at with your poses.
For more information, please contact us or pop in to see us any time from Monday to Thursday (8:00 am – 8:00 pm), Fridays (8:00 am - 2:00 pm) and on Saturdays (8:00 am – 2:00 pm). We look forward to welcoming you to the Akasha community!